WHO WE ARE:
CloserStill Media runs over 80 market leading business exhibitions in the learning, healthcare, technology, and veterinary sectors, with events in the US, UK, Europe and Asia. Our portfolio includes some of the fastest growing, and often award-winning events including the London Vet Show, Cloud Expo Europe, Data Centre World, The Pharmacy Show, Learning Technologies, DevLearn and The Dentistry Show.
The Learning Guild, a subsidiary of CloserStill, is an admired global community of learning and talent development leaders, and tech savvy learning technology professionals. Our goal is to provide a platform where learning professionals can share their knowledge, expertise, and ideas to build a better industry—and better learning experiences—for everyone. The Guild leverages its global community to provide a robust sales and marketing channel for suppliers via industry leading conferences and expos. Customers include exciting AR and VR training tech startups to recognized industry leaders.
Responsible for exhibit space and sponsorship sales for assigned events. Work with management team and follow sales strategies to ensure sales targets are met. Support colleagues with the smooth running of the event as required.
PRIMARY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to development of campaign sales strategy in conjunction with management team across new and existing business from research to execution
- Execute the campaign sales strategy including overall number of exhibitors, manage sponsorship inventory, yields, and sponsorship revenues
- Analyze effectiveness of sponsorship revenue streams and contribute to the development of new and innovative sponsorship concepts
- Collaborate with marketing team on promotional and lead generation campaigns
- Meet or exceed personal sales targets across assigned product lines
- Prospect and identify new business clients and sales targets
- Respond to incoming email and phone enquiries relative to assigned product lines
- Visit industry events for sales prospecting, and monitor competitive activities to develop a systematic understanding of their strategies and practices
- Regularly meet with customers, prospects and event partners in person and via calls/Teams
- Become an expert in our industry, read relevant publications, and understand trends to enable you to develop your sales pitch appropriately
- Listen to customer goals, and develop positive relationships with customers and prospects in order to make sales and increase customer spend
- Successfully and respectfully challenge objections and negotiate the terms of sales agreements and consistently close sales to meet weekly and overall sales goals
- Create detailed, accurate written proposals and deliver them to the client in a timely manner
- Develop relationships with industry associations and, where appropriate, contractors, media and commercial partners
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably requested to provide a successful customer experience
Financial & Reporting
- Manage day to day personal sales, and accurate sales administration
- Maintain sales prospecting and pipeline data on a daily basis, record all sales activity in Salesforce
- Review your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
- Provide a detailed weekly report and forecast on personal revenues and prospects
Individual & Team Development
- Attend sales and personal development training sessions and utilize skills learned in your sales pitch and other professional responsibilities
- Share best practices on identifying new business with colleagues and learn from those around you and your line manager
Essential Skills & Experience
- College degree in related field preferred
- Required: exhibit and event sponsorship sales experience resulting in significant annual growth, including:
- Experience closing deals ranging $5K up to $150K+
- Track record of successfully upselling customers, and cross-selling product lines to increase overall customer spend [knowledge of digital product sales, including advertising and webinars a plus]
- Ability to hit an annual individual contributor sales target of $1M to $2M
- Experience successfully selling multiple events, and/or multiple product lines simultaneously
- Required: exceptional verbal and written communication skills, ability to create comprehensive written proposals, and persuasive emails
- Required: Proficient use of Salesforce, MS Office including Teams; knowledge of Map Your Show, and other event technologies a plus
- Ability to build professional relationships, and utilize consultative sales strategies
- Persistent, efficient, and focused self-starter with the ability to manage time and workflows
- Respectful team player – with internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Ability to leverage social media, including but not limited to LinkedIn for sales and prospecting a plus
This position requires domestic, and potential international travel up to 7 times per year.
CloserStill Media reserves the right to request a DBS or credit check should the role require it.
What We Offer
This is a full-time permanent position. We offer a competitive base salary + sales commissions and a comprehensive set of benefits.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
CloserStill Media embrace diversity in all its forms and are committed to continuing to develop a diverse and inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment based on merit without attention to age, ethnicity, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status or disability status.