WHO WE ARE:
CloserStill Media runs over 80 market-leading business exhibitions in the learning, healthcare, technology, and veterinary sectors, with events in the UK, Europe, the USA and Asia.
We are the envy of the events sector with over 60 major industry awards, including The Sunday Times' Top 100 Best Companies to work for three years in a row in 2018, 2019 and 2020!
We have exciting growth plans over the next two to three years and are looking for ambitious and motivated people to join our award-winning teams.
We are seeking a hungry and self-motivated sales manager to work on one of our fastest-growing products. Working directly alongside a dynamic team, the successful candidate can progress quickly and be supported to become a business leader.
If you are the type of person who likes working in a fast-paced environment with an opportunity to grow, this would be an excellent position for you.
Responsible for managing the show's daily sales performance and sales team. Assisting the Event Director and Show Manager to ensure sales strategies are created and followed. Work with the Event Director and Show Manager to ensure the event's financial success by introducing sales activities as and when the need arises to hit and exceed the show target. Manage and motivate junior staff, ensuring the company's standards or performance are met. Train and support junior staff where necessary. Ensure personal and junior sales team members’ targets are exceeded. With the Event Director and Show Manager, liaise with other departments such as operations, marketing and the show team to ensure the smooth running of the event as well as planning and post-event responsibilities. Support company senior management team with the smooth running of the company as and when required.
- Manage daily sales on the show and, where appropriate junior sales staff
- Lead by example – responsible for delivering personal sales targets across the event and for junior sales staff hitting their target.
- To proactively deliver the show strategy across new and existing business
- Deliver the campaign strategy as set out by the Event Director, providing the show over the target, including overall numbers of exhibitors, exhibitor mix, stand sales, sponsorship inventory, yield and sponsorship revenues
- Ensure the sales plan is being delivered on target and budget and activity targets (outbound call volumes and face-to-face meetings) are met
- Support junior sales staff in developing new revenues streams and creative and complex sales such as sponsorship
- Visit and canvas at the competitor and industry events and create a systematic understanding of and monitoring of competitors
- The Event Director runs and manages the rebook process and rebooks team
- Role-play the junior sales team regularly and share areas for enhanced sales performance and best practice
- Manage the prospect database to ensure it is constantly updated and is fit for purpose, falling in line with the company's CRM policy
- Ensure a consistently high-quality delivery in all prospect, exhibitor and partner communication, ensuring the message is on point
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably requested.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a sales role
- Proven ability to hit/exceed targets
- Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Experience working within fast-paced environments
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask
- Strong administrative skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a wider team
Closertill Media reserves the right to request a DBS or credit check should the role require it.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
CloserStill Media embrace diversity in all its forms and are committed to continuing to develop a diverse and inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment based on merit without attention to age, ethnicity, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status or disability status.