French Speaking Operations Manager
Operations Manager| Permanent|London
WHO WE ARE:
CloserStill Media run over 80 market-leading business exhibitions in the learning, healthcare, technology, and veterinary sectors, with events in the UK, Europe, the USA and Asia.
Our portfolio includes some of the fastest-growing and often award-winning events, including the London Vet Show, Cloud Expo Europe, Data Centre World, The Pharmacy Show, Learning Technologies, DevLearn and The Dentistry Show.
We are the envy of the events sector with over 60 major industry awards, including The Sunday Times' Top 100 Best Companies to Work for three years in a row in 2018, 2019 and 2020!
We have exciting growth plans over the next two to three years and are looking for ambitious and motivated people to join our award-winning teams.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the overall delivery of a portfolio of exhibitions within agreed budgets and deadlines. They will work as part of the operations team and alongside the sales and marketing teams. The Operations Manager is a highly organised, self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Producing high-quality events within the agreed budget and deadlines, with a focus on the French events
- Managing Operations Coordinator / Executive on agreed projects
- Ensuring the technical aspects of all events run smoothly
- Management and implementation of internal and external Service Level Agreements
- Budget management – making savings where necessary, being creative with solutions to budget issues and ensuring the shows do not go over budget
- Negotiation with suppliers to ensure the best prices without compromising on quality
- Coordinate and manage temporary staff both onsite and pre-show
- Project planning and scheduling
- Health and Safety management of shows whilst onsite
- Writing Risk Assessments & Fire Risk Assessments for shows
- Design and production of all feature areas
- Liaison with contractors, suppliers and exhibitors
- Post-event reporting and analysis
- Management and maintenance of online technical manuals
- Managing to stand plan approval process Ensuring the fulfilment of all sponsorship and contra deals
- Employ the highest standards of practice to deliver optimum results at all times
- Develop specific projects related to the operations department to improve operational service
- Ad hoc duties as deemed necessary by your line manager
- Manage events onsite independently with the support of the Operations Coordinator / Executive
Essential Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Fluent in French and English
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of industry, venues and contractors
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire and motivate other
- Confident team player with a creative and innovative approach
- Budget planning and management
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Effective and motivational leadership experience
- Project management skills
- IOSH Managing Safety Certificate (desirable)
- Proven ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Reading and understanding technical floorplans and stand drawings
- Patient and calm under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable
CloserStill Media reserves the right to request a DBS or credit check should the role require it.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
CloserStill Media embrace diversity in all its forms and are committed to continuing to develop a diverse and inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment based on merit without attention to age, ethnicity, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status or disability status.
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
London Kensington Olympia
We have won more Awards than any other company in the Exhibition Industry.
We have achieved over 50 industry awards, including the coveted ‘Best Business Exhibition’ seven times, featured in The Sunday Times 100 Best Places to Work 3 times (2018. 2019 & 2020), been Voted by members of the Association of Exhibition Organisers as the ‘Most Respected Company’ in the exhibition Industry. Best Business Exhibition (x7), Best Marketing (x8) and Best Sales (x4) Best Launch or Brand Extension (x5). Adapting to digital during 2020, we also won 3 awards at the new Event Digital Awards.
About CloserStill Media
CloserStill is one of the world’s fastest-growing exhibition businesses, running best of class events in the learning, medical & healthcare, technology and veterinary sectors.
In the last 12 years, CloserStill has been repeatedly recognised as a leading innovator within the Exhibition Industry and has won more awards than any other event business in the industry. We have won over 60 major industry awards, including the coveted ‘Best Business Exhibition’ seven times, featured in The Sunday Times 100 Best Places to Work 3 times (2018, 2019 & 2020), been voted by members of the Association of Exhibition Organisers as the ‘Most Respected Company’ in the exhibition Industry. The awards are down to the people and teams that work together to deliver the events ensuring customer service and satisfaction. The accolades include: Best Trade Show (x7), Best Marketing (x9), Best Operations (x4), Best Sales (x5), Best Event Director (x4) and Best Launch or Brand Extension (x6). Adapting to digital during 2020, we have also won 4 awards at the new Digital Event Awards.
French Speaking Operations Manager
Loading application form
Already working at CloserStill Media?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.